Who we are?
The pages on the website (“our site”) are published by Variohm Group a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 05783452, whose registered address is at 2 Chancellor Court Occam Road, Surrey Research Park, Guildford, Surrey, England, GU2 7AH.
Variohm Group (05783452) is part of the discoverIE Group PLC (02008246). Variohm Group operates from Williams’ Barn, Tiffield Road, Towcester, Northants NN12 6HP
Variohm Group respect your right to privacy and will process personal information you provide only in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
What information will Variohm Group collect from me?
We may collect and process the following data about you.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website www.variohmgroup.com (“our site”).
- Information when you report a problem with our site.
- Correspondence if you contact us.
- Surveys that we use for research purposes.
- Details of transactions of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
Personally identifiable information
We will store your personal data, such as name, email address and company name, in a secure database. We will not share your personal details outside of Variohm Group, except in the circumstances mentioned below.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Cookies used on this site include:
- Session Cookies
- Google Analytics, please view Google’s Privacy & Terms site
- Advertising Cookies including the likes of Google AdWords, Facebook & LinkedIn
- Force24’s marketing automation platform
- Doubleclick Remarketing Cookies
- VisualWebsite Optimiser Cookies
Force24 Cookies & Tracking – Our organisation utilises Force24’s marketing automation platform.
Force24 cookies are first party cookies and are enabled at the point of cookie acceptance on this website. The cookies are named below:
They allow us to understand our audience engagement thus allowing better optimisation of marketing activity.
f24_autoId – This is a temporary identifier on a local machine or phone browser that helps us track anonymous information to be later married up with f24_personid. If this is left anonymous it will be deleted after 6 months . Non-essential, first party, 10 years, persistent.
f24_personId – This is an ID generated per individual contact in the Force24 system to be able to track behaviour and form submissions into the Force24 system from outside sources per user. This is used for personalisation and ability to segment decisions for further communications. Non-essential, first party, 10 years, persistent.
The information stored by Force24 cookies remains anonymous until:
- Our website is visited via clicking from an email or SMS message, sent via the Force24 platform and cookies are accepted on the website.
- A user of the website completes a form containing email address from either our website or our Force24 landing pages.
The Force24 cookies will remain on a device for 10 years unless they are deleted.
Other Tracking – We also use similar technologies including tracking pixels and link tracking to monitor your viewing activities
Device & browser type and open statistics – All emails have a tracking pixel ( a tiny invisible image ) with a query string in the URL. Within the URL we have user details to identify who opened an email for statistical purposes.
Link Tracking – All links within emails and SMS messages sent from the Force24 platform contain a unique tracking reference, this reference help us identify who clicked an email for statistical purposes.
Non-personally identifiable information
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration purposes, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine where you are accessing our site and services from. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
What will the information be used for?
We use information held about you in the following ways.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and to personalise our service to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To administer our services and records.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To respond to any submission, comment or complaint you make to or about Variohm Group or its products or services.
Our website will give you detailed information about how we will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
In what circumstances will Variohm Group disclose the information?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances.
- Third-party processors engaged to assist us in carrying out business activities, located anywhere in the world, subject to the requirements noted below.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Variohm Group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To carry out any obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us.
Where is the data stored and who processes it?
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site – any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to mitigate against unauthorised access.
If there is a data breach and your personal information has been compromised, we will let you know within 72 hours.
What are my rights?
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you have signed up to receive marketing emails from us, you can unsubscribe at any time here.
- You have the right to ask us what information we hold about you.
- You have the right to rectify any information we hold that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- You have the right to ask us to provide you with your information in a format that you can send to another company.
- You have the right to ask us to remove any personally identifiable information on you (however, this will mean we cannot then do any business with you).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights mentioned here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from our sites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How long will Variohm Group keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to comply with any legislative requirement for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Where you contribute material to us, we will generally only keep your information for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
Who do I contact?
Or by writing to:
The Data Controller
Last updated Monday, 07 August 2023